Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Peace Train


“What happened to you?” the stranger asked.

“I… ah… don’t know,” said Josh.

“That must be that train I heard about in the news,” the stranger said pointing to the train behind her.

“We were in the news?” Josh said perplexed. “How could we be on the news already?”

“You’re from that there train, right?”

Josh turned to look back at the train and nodded.

“Well, that there train ran into a vortex. You know, the ones that change men into women. The difference is that this time the whole train disappeared for a day and then showed back up again where it left off. Scientists said it might be because such a large object hit the vortex at high speed.”

“All I remember,” Josh mumbled, “was a lot of yelling and screaming. I can’t even remember anything about missing a whole day.”

“What is your name,” the stranger said as he put his arm around Josh’s shoulders for support. “I can take you to the hospital.”

“My name is…” Josh thought hard. “My name is Rosalie.”


The stranger took Rosalie to the hospital. She checked out healthy. The doctors later discover that the missing man from the train, Josh, was really Rosalie. But that wasn’t until years later when Rosalie and the stranger were married for eighteen months.

No comments:

Post a Comment